Friday 17 April 2009

Respect In Small Ways

Why is it that no matter how hard we work to please someone, they're never happy? You can work your butt off for them, going out of you way to impress and yet still you never get their respect. They say small things can make a big difference, but they never specified how many small things it takes. You have to give respect to get it, right? But what if you give respect for no reason and still can't seem to get a second look. Everyone's lives revolve around what everyone else thinks. What they wear, what they say, how they act. What happened to just being yourself. I've noticed recently that sometimes the people you try to impress aren't the people worth impressing in the first place. Looking back, I've changed so much in the last few years just to fit into everyone else's life styles. It's only now that I've started lapsing back into who I really am. I'm realising that who I want to be isn't who I've become. I've said a lot of stupid things and done a lot of them too, but the only reason I did them in the first place is to fit in. Acting as myself people have treated me differently, in a good way. They may not have realised it themselves but going back on myself, it is the small things that have made a big difference. I've gained respect from the people I value most and it makes life all the more worth while. I now know that I don't have to change to enjoy the life I'm living, I just have to be me.

No comments:

Post a Comment