Wednesday 3 December 2008

Emotional Music

Do you ever get that feeling when you listen to a certain song? A sort of tingly feeling. It brings you up from the deepest depths of sadness into a bubbling mass of joy. You can't help it. For me it's "What If I" by Kate Winslet. For me it relates to a part of my life that happened a while back. I lost someone close and I always thought what would of happened if I'd done things differently. It upsets me to think about it but at the same time I don't want to forget it, because it' s part of who I am. It still brings back good memories to me though, happiness and a sense of belonging. Music can do the strangest things to someone. It can drive them insane or it  can remind them of the best memory they know. It acts as a link between us and our emotions. Like a bridge almost, just allowing us to open up and find what we're really feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment